© 2017 by Mike Plant. Proudly created with Wix.com

Other Great War Memorials

As well of the War Memorial in the Garden of Remembrance on Tean Road, several other private memorials were made by groups and organisations in the years that followed the war.

The Methodist, Zion and Wesleyan Rolls of Honour

 

All three of these churches had their own Rolls of Honour to commemorate the men killed in the war, who were connected with their church. When the Zion and (Prim) Methodist churches were closed, the Rolls of Honour were brought into the new church. All three were displayed together for many years in the church hall, until been put into storage.

 

Unfortunately a recent search of where they were thought to be was unsuccessful - so they may now be missing.

The (Prim) Methodist Church's Place of Remembrance (includes Roll of Honour)
Wesleyan Chapel
Roll of Honour

Zion War Memorial Window

 

The window was unveiled on Wednesday 16th February 1921. Named on it were: Leonard Eli Nutt and Albert Edward Ward.

When the Zion Chapel closed in the late 1960s, the window was relocated to an extension of the Blythe Bridge Methodist Church.

The bench as pictured in 2015 when it formed part of a Cheadle Discovery Group / Cheadle Historcial Soc. Great War display.
Back

Liberal and Labour Club Bench

 

Thirteen men were commemorated by the club on a bench plaque, which now located at the Bowling Green on the Recreation Ground. Which is fitting as the Bowling Green was established primarily for use of Great War veterans.

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now